Friday, December 30, 2011

Run #1.7 Brought to You by the Letter W

W as in windy!!  Or it could have been B as in blustery!  I probably sound like a big baby, but in reality, I do like running in the winter.  It's much easier to bundle up.  You can only take off so many clothes when it is hot. 

Back to the run at hand - I took the morning off work so I could get a "quick" 8 miles in.  I started and about a mile into it I realized my Garmin wasn't doing it's thing.  Grr.  So I restarted it and continued on.  But my mojo was discombobulated after that. 

The trail was fairly empty, probably because it was a weekday rather than the weekend.  I got to the turn around and started back into a wall of wind.  Okay, so maybe I exaggerate.  But just a little! :)  It was at that point that I really wished for my gloves.  I had been doing fine up until then but the wind made me wish for all things warm.

In the land of coincidence, Colbie Calliat's Brighter Than The Sun came on my iPod just as I rounded a corner and the sun was directly in my eyes.

And then I was done and off to find warmth!!  

No comments: