Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wanderlust

Main Entry: wan·der·lust
Pronunciation: 'wän-d&r-"l&st
Function: noun
Etymology: German, from wandern to wander + Lust desire, pleasure: strong longing for or impulse toward wandering

It doesn't take knowing me long before you realize how much I love to travel. I try to go on at least one (sometimes two) week long vacations each year. In fact, it's usually not to long after I get back when I start planning for the next one. This year, however, I'm taking it to another level! Hm, I wonder if it has anything to do with turning 30! Or more likely, my avoidance of accepting the fact I'm turning 30. This year I've haven't been able to stay in one place too long before the need to travel wells up in me. It was probably only a week or two after I got back from WDW that another trip presented itself and here I am preparing to leave again. At the end of May I will be going to Spain and Portugal (Madrid and Lisbon, specifically) with my friend Jana. I will probably have another 2 trips (Cabo in September, Europe in November) along with at least one or two Houston trips to visit my Houston family. I am suffering from some serious wanderlust this year.

No comments: