1. Cook once a month - well I don't know if I'm making the once a month goal or not. I should clarify that what I meant by this goal was to try a new recipe once a month... Although it is probably about how often I cook! :) But I did make Portabello Pizzas the other day. And when I say the other day, it probably means several weeks ago... Let's see, I think I snagged this recipe from Angela of Oh She Glows via Mushrooms Canada. It called for vegan cheese, but I went for the real thing.
Easy Stuffed Portabella Pizza in a Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes.
- 8 Portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- Vegan Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce (substituted mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup of each: red, green, orange pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2-3 large basil leaves, finely diced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
10. Go to a Sounders game - I like soccer (or football) generally. But I love it during World Cup!! I was excited when Seattle finally got an MLS team but never made it to a game. Until now! Jessica, Nilufer & I went to watch the Sounders against Real Salt Lake. The game ended in a tie, but it was really fun. And we've already got tickets to another game.
23. Buy a Mac Book - my laptop died. But instead of a PC, I made the switch to Mac! We'll see how I like it. Right now it is still in the box...
30. Convince myself to try broccoli - All I remember about broccoli is hating it as a kid. I would eat it first and quickly so I could move on to something else. And while I've learned to like all sorts of other vegetables, broccoli is one that I just couldn't convince myself to give another shot. Until now! I went out with a couple of co-workers with the purpose of trying broccoli. We went to Black Bottle so I could try their Broccoli Blasted dish. And I must say I survived, and even liked it. Broccoli probably will never be my favorite veggie, but I am no longer scared of it.