Wednesday, September 29, 2010

33 Things Update

I was just not feeling the treadmill tonight.  Hello elliptical!!  I had forgotten how much I like the elliptical.  It is nice not having a big race looming.  Although I'll need to sit down at some point and plan out my half marathon training now that I'm officially signed up for the Princess Half.  But let's see what I've been up to!

1.  Cook once a month - well I don't know if I'm making the once a month goal or not.  I should clarify that what I meant by this goal was to try a new recipe once a month...  Although it is probably about how often I cook! :)  But I did make Portabello Pizzas the other day.  And when I say the other day, it probably means several weeks ago...  Let's see, I think I snagged this recipe from Angela of Oh She Glows via Mushrooms Canada.  It called for vegan cheese, but I went for the real thing.



Easy Stuffed Portabella Pizza in a Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce

Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes.
Ingredients:
  • 8 Portabella mushrooms
  • 2 cups pizza sauce
  • Vegan Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce (substituted mozzarella)
  • 1/3 cup of each: red, green, orange pepper, diced
  • 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
  • 2-3 large basil leaves, finely diced
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions: Preheat oven by setting the broiler on low. Take a baking sheet and cover with a silicone non-stick baking mat or parchment paper for easy clean up. Make your Vegan Cashew Basil cheese sauce by using the recipe below. Set aside. Remove stems of Portabellas and gently rub Portabellas with a wet cloth to clean. Place Portabellas ‘belly’ side up on the baking sheet. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce into each Portabella. Now spoon about 2 teaspoons of Vegan Cashew basil Cheese Sauce on top of the pizza sauce.  Grab a cutting board and knife and chop the onion and pepper and then sprinkle onto Portabellas. Finally, shake on some red pepper flakes and sprinkle finely diced basil on top. Broil in the oven on the lowest temperature setting on the middle rack for about 10-12 minutes, watching closely as broiler temperatures vary. Serve immediately and enjoy! Serves 3-4.

10.  Go to a Sounders game - I like soccer (or football) generally.  But I love it during World Cup!!  I was excited when Seattle finally got an MLS team but never made it to a game.  Until now!  Jessica, Nilufer & I went to watch the Sounders against Real Salt Lake.  The game ended in a tie, but it was really fun.  And we've already got tickets to another game.


23.  Buy a Mac Book - my laptop died.  But instead of a PC, I made the switch to Mac!  We'll see how I like it.  Right now it is still in the box...

30.  Convince myself to try broccoli - All I remember about broccoli is hating it as a kid.  I would eat it first and quickly so I could move on to something else.  And while I've learned to like all sorts of other vegetables, broccoli is one that I just couldn't convince myself to give another shot.  Until now!  I went out with a couple of co-workers with the purpose of trying broccoli.  We went to Black Bottle so I could try their Broccoli Blasted dish.  And I must say I survived, and even liked it.  Broccoli probably will never be my favorite veggie, but I am no longer scared of it.


1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

Good for you with that broccoli! Okay, since you checked that off the list and didn't hate it, I promise next time I am around broccoli I will give it a 2nd chance!
~RR