Friday, December 19, 2008

Another List!

I am procrastinating working on my pictures from Vienna & Budapest and saw this on Mandi's blog.  What a perfect way to procrastinate! :)

99 Things Meme
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. Okay, so this past year was apparently all about Disneyworld - next year I'm going to try and make it to Disneyland! :) I have also been to Paris Disney - someday perhaps I will make it to Tokyo Disney!
8. Climbed a mountain. I've climbed on mountains but not one to the top. Someday...
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. I'm with Mandi - you wouldn't want me to do this!
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. I can't decide if I want to do this or not...
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. I am such a rule-follower this may be hard to imagine. I did tell my boss that I was taking a mental health day.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. Never going to happen - you realize the reason why it is called a marathon is when the messenger arrived at Marathon after running 26.2 miles he died. Yeah, not going to happen. I am seriously considering trying to do another half, but you will not find me doing a full.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.  I go back and forth on this one - Venice is not my favorite city but I can tolerate it in the colder months but then would I want to go on a gondola in the cold?  
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
Made it to Germany. And I have been to Ireland, but I would like to go to the area where my family is from.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. I was so sick that day that I literally got out of the tour bus, saw that it leaned and got back in. I'm not even sure I took a picture!
39. Gone rock climbing. This is a maybe...
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. YES!!! I love David! Every time I'm in Florence I visit him and he is usually the highlight of Florence for me.  Well, him and Ponte Vecchio.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood. They have a hard enough time trying to draw blood for blood tests (my veins are difficult to find).
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. Okay, maybe not actually met - but Jason Isaacs and Viggo Mortensen had dinner at the same restaurant as me & Jana in Budapest, which I hope to get around to posting my trip report and pictures soon.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Do class action law suits filed on my behalf count?  Several lawsuits have been filed "on my behalf" against my former notorious employer.   
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.

No comments: