Monday, April 27, 2009

Training - Week 8

If you have been keeping track, you may be asking what happened to Week 7 or you may be asking if Emily has forgotten how to count. Work ended up being a bit more hectic than I imagined for Week 7 and then I spent the weekend in Houston so not a lot of training. On to Week 8!!

Monday was such a beautiful day that I decided to go to the park instead of hot yoga or the gym. My run was interesting in that I was sans ipod! Instead of music, I listened to snippets of all different conversations as well as nature - the wind, the birds, and the river. I know some people prefer to run with no music, I am not one of them. I much prefer my ipod!

The rest of the week went something like this - a couple swims, a bike ride, and a couple hot yoga classes which all led up to my first brick of the season on Sunday. Wow, I always seem to forget how hard the first 100 yards are after getting off my bike and starting off on the run.

I'm going to need to modify my upcoming week of training as I am coming down with an ear infection so probably no more swimming this week. This spurred me on to finally buy a pair of ear plugs for when I swim.

Only 2 weeks to go!!

No comments: