Sunday, August 26, 2007

What was I thinking?

It's hard to believe it was just last Sunday I was doing my triathlon. It's funny - all this hard work and training and then it's all over with - a bit anticlimactic. I was a little stiff the day after - especially in my shoulders. Yesterday I went for my massage - my reward for finishing. Just what I needed!!

In the glow of finishing of feeling impressed with myself I signed up for another one!! I had been toying with the idea of signing up for it and after once again experiencing that great feeling of crossing the finish line I went ahead and signed up. Besides I've already trained and it's now only 2 weeks away. I decided to do the supersprint category this time which is shorter - 1/4 mile swim, 8 mile bike, 2 mile run. Now, I am not athletically inclined at all so for me to do not one, but two triathlons in the space of a couple weeks is amazing!!

Of course, this morning when I had to actually get back on a bike I was rethinking my whole decision to do this second triathlon. 12 miles later they were really wondering why we were doing it again!! But as they say no pain, no gain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Good luck, and I look forward to hearing how it goes!