Thursday, November 08, 2007

$1.47?!

I am leaving for Italy in less than a week now. I knew the dollar was tanking but when I saw the NY Times.com headline this morning about the sinking dollar I started getting a little concerned. And then I checked the exchange rate - how did we get to $1.47 for the euro!? Granted, I'm about to sound like my dad but I remember when the euro was 88 cents!! This was way back in 2000 - 2001 when I was living in London but still! Of course I am just venting. Is a weak dollar going to stop me from travelling? No. I will still go to Europe at least twice next year. Will I stay in hostels to cut down on cost? No. I am way to Princess in the Pea now about hotels. I will spend the extra money for a little nicer hotel. Of course now it'll probably be a less nicer hotel and a 2 star or 3 star instead of 4 star and I'll probably use my airline miles to buy my tickets instead of using my airline miles to upgrade but I will still go. So nothing is changing - I'll just complain more! :) Ugh! I just can't believe it's $1.47!!

No comments: