Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Final 3 I Can Live With

Is it already the middle of January? I would say where has the time gone but I know exactly where it has gone!! Gotta love the end of the year as an accountant! But things are looking much brighter now, and I think this time it really is the light at the end of the tunnel instead of a freight train barrelling towards us.

Last night I made it to the gym (first time in forever!). Leaving the gym I got a phone call from work and headed back to the office. When I finished I came back out to my car only to find a half inch of snow!! Snow is definitely a four letter word in Seattle. It had stopped snowing by then and was fairly slushy. By morning however, the slush had turned to ice. Yikes! It wasn't too bad until I got the hill leading up to work. All the entrances were closed except one and it was backed up. It took me 30 minutes to finally pull into the parking garage. I used to like snow much better when I didn't have to drive in it. I really wanted a snow day!!

I'm finally caught up on the Amazing Race and all I can say is YIPPEEE!!!! Nate & Jen are NOT, I repeat NOT, in the final 3 and there is no way they can win the race. Nate & Jen were the Squabbly McBickersons of the race and while it makes for good television, it makes for a completely unsatisfying ending if they end up winning. Which, their story arc seemed to predict. I am actually okay with any of the remaining teams winning. The Amazing Race is probably my favorite television show. I was hooked from the first season when I was randomly flipping through channels and saw the Eiffel Tower. I stopped, intrigued and have been watching ever since. It is not often that my team wins, which is why I am so happy to know that Nate & Jen will NOT win this season!

I realize this is probably an all over, rambling post - it makes sense in my mind, but that may be the only place it makes sense. I haven't slept much since January 2nd.

No comments: