I saw this on Stacy's blog. I love these things so I thought I'd play along!
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Uh, this is harder than I thought. Finishing up my junior year in college.
2. So if I remember right this would be the year we were having roommate drama. Long story short, we had a roommate who who was very needy and just made our living situation somewhat miserable.
3. Going to London for the first time to visit my freshman year roommate who was studying over there. Who knew that visit would start my love affair wth London?
4. Buying MY first car, a little red Mazda MX-6. My first vehicle was a Ford Escort which I shared with my sister and she drove it more than I did so I don't count that and my second was a 1978 Ford Truck which was really my dad's but he let me use it. So that's why I consider the little red car my first car.
5. Yeah, I have no idea, that was a long time ago.
5 Things I was doing 5 years ago:
1. Living in Houston
2. Trying to decide what to do - stay with Enron or find a new job.
3. That's about all I remember... I'm not sure why 5 years ago was harder than 10 years ago...
5 Things I did today:
1. Went to kickboxing
2. Went to Target
3. This is more something that happened - my poor car got a rock chip in the windshield. Seriously, what is going on with my car?!
4. Watched Duke beat Boston College
5. Did not go to Starbucks (more about this later in another post)
5 Products I can't live without:
1. Hm, not sure about this...
2. Lately, Crystal Light on the go packets
3. The little bottles of Purell hand sanitizer
4. My Coach purse
5. My ipod
5 Things I would do if I won a billion dollars:
1. Give to charity
2. Quit my job!!!!!! And then take a year to travel the whole world.
3. Buy a house (or two or three). One of them in Italy.
4. Buy my parents a house and my dad a car. Probably buy my brother a car as well.
5. Buy myself a car!! I can finally get my BMW!!!
5 Places I have lived:
1. Newcastle, WA
2. Bellingham, WA
3. Houston, TX
4. London, England
5. Newcastle, WA
5 Jobs I have had:
2. McDonalds crew person
3. Gift wrapper at a toy store during Christmas (they didn't want to train me to use the cash register so they had me wrap presents)
4. Office Manager for a tradeshow company
5. Tax Accountant
5 Things you may or may not know about me:
1. Since it is college basketball season and all, my favorite basketball team (and probably my favorite team of all) is Duke and one of the thing I would absolutely love to do is at least visit Cameron Indoor Stadium. How'd a Seattle girl end up a Duke fan? Well it all goes back to Quin Snyder (also from Seattle) who went to play for Duke. My dad loves watching local kids so we would watch Quin playing for Duke. It also helped Duke was on TV a lot! :)
2. I once won a writing contest in 6th grade and got to go to a writing camp.
3. Speaking of things I won - I actually won the award for Best Actress in high school. Yes, me, one of the shyest, quietest people around was an actress (at least in high school). There is something about not being me, but being a character, that I enjoy.
4. I love The Mummy and The Mummy Returns movies - yes I know they are silly but they always make me laugh!!
5. I finally passed the last section of the CPA exam on my 5th try. Yikes!!!
6. Oh, and I thought I'd add one more - I'm leaving for London on Wednesday (Feb. 13th) for a long weekend.
TAG - you're it!! Feel free to join in on the fun if you'd like!