Sunday, February 08, 2009

1 Mile!

I think everyone who has followed my training for my various races knows when I say I run what I mean is run for a couple of songs, walk for a song (or two). Why I am once again discussing running? Well, today I was at the park, almost done with my second running song when I decided to keep going for one more song, and then another. I actually ran (well jogged) for 1 mile! It is a little thing, but it's something, especially as I am trying to find motivation to start up training again. It also probably helped I was feeling frustrated - not at any one thing in particular, but for a variety of little reasons. It is amazing what fresh air and your feet pounding on pavement can do to clear your head.

And now back to planning for my trip to Greece in May. If any one has ideas on what to see or do, let me know!

6 comments:

Stacy O said...

Wow, way to go Emily!! I have never run a whole mile-not even in junior high when we had too. Mine always included much walking. I am proud of you. I know I have said it before, but you are my hero. Big hugs.

Emily said...

Thanks Stacy!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Baby steps are all it takes before you're running an entire 5K!

As for some Greece tips, I would recommend breezing through the major tourist sites in Athens and then moving on to Delphi (a really amazing ruin of an old oracle) and the islands (haven't been yet, but it's on my dream list!).

Emily said...

Thanks Mandi! I've been debating about Delphi - so I'm glad to hear your recommendation. I think we're going to try to at least do one or two islands.

Michelle said...

Who are you going to Greece with, Ms. Travel Bunny????

Emily said...

That's me! :) Ms. Travel Bunny! I'm going with 2 friends from work, Jessica & Nilufer.