Friday, July 24, 2009

Five Senses Friday No. 2

Let's see how long I can keep up with this! I like it because it's a creative way of thinking about your week. Although this one will have a lot of references to training as my race is in three weeks!! Yikes!

Seeing:
* The sun slowly setting as I race to get through my first brick of this training session. I make it and then I am treated to a fantastic sunset on my way home.

* Fishes!! This was a week of firsts - first brick and first lake swim.

Hearing:
* Chatter everywhere about the coming "heat wave". It is supposed to be 95+ in Seattle starting on Sunday. It is a favorite topic of discussion at the moment.

Smelling:
* Hm, nothing really comes to mind for smelling.

Tasting:
* Ice cream sandwiches!! It was ice cream treat day at work and boy was it yummy!
* Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza from CPK - I gave in to temptation.

Feeling:
* The cold water as I tiptoe into Lake Washington for my first lake swim, along with the slight ebb and flow of the waves.

No comments: