Friday, November 20, 2009

Five Senses Friday #11

Seeing:
* New Moon on opening night, which means I went to the midnight showing last night (early this morning?). I had been resisting the Twilight craze for awhile but then finally started reading the books and to my surprise, I enjoyed them. And somehow I got caught up in the excitement and decided it was a good thing to go to the midnight showing. The movie was fine - cheesy, but cute. The book was way better, as is usually the case. In fact the only time I have ever come across the book not being the better one is Wicked. I tried to read that book but after the first chapter I could not force myself to read anymore. The show on the other hand? Rocks!!
* I also went and saw 2012. I can't tell you the last time I saw 2 movies in one week! 2012 was better than I thought it would be but it was extremely stressful. I think I sat tensed up for the entire second half of the movie.

Hearing:
* Myself in a video at work. Why is it that the sound of your own voice can be so foreign? And notice this is not in the "seeing" section. That would be because I averted my eyes so I didn't actually have to watch myself. Sometimes I can watch myself on video, but this was not one of them.
* My name over the PA system as they were able to get me a window seat after all!!

Smelling:
* Coffee and lots of it!! Did I mention I went to the midnight showing of New Moon last night?? And then got up early for a sample sale at work.

Tasting:
* Jessica, Nilufer & I went to Mexico for dinner. Banana mango salsa, sweet potato fries, and fajitas - need I say anything more???

Feeling:
* Super tired. Are we sensing a theme here? :)
* Excited to be back in London! It's Thanksgiving which generally means time for Emily to hop across the pond. My brother and I are leaving tonight for a few days in Dublin before heading over to London for another couple of days.

No comments: