Sunday, May 04, 2008

Training - Week 7

So this was my last full week to train as I am leaving Thursday at midnight for Orlando!

Monday I forgot my gloves so instead of kickboxing I headed to the gym and did the treadmill, which ended up being a good thing as I really haven't done too much running. Wednesday I went to the pool and Thursday was a bike/run brick. Saturday ended up being another pool day. There was a ton of kids at the pool, splashing around and making usually normally smooth pool choppy. This was a good simulation of what the actual swim portion will be like. Sunday was another bike/run brick. I really didn't notice the lead feeling in my legs transitioning from the bike to the run because I was too busy messing with my ipod.

I don't know if I'm completely ready, but I'm as ready as I'm going to be. Really, the distances of these triathlons aren't that long and I know I can finish - it's just how long will it take me to finish, especially after a couple of days of playing at Disneyworld! :)

No comments: