Sunday, November 23, 2008

Finally!


I saw Mandi's diptych and was inspired to do my own. However, it's dark when I leave in the morning and I can't seem to remember to do it during the day but finally today I was able to do it. The challenge was to: "Go outside. Hold your camera down a bit and capture a shot of yourself with the sky as your backdrop. Then point your camera down and capture your feet on the ground. Put the images together to create a lovely diptych that reveals a small, telling moment in your day." Okay, so it turned out to be way easier said than done for me. The feet picture was no problem, after all that has become my signature picture. I had the hardest time with the self-portrait part of it! But finally I got one that I think works. Whew!

And if you are like me and wondering what exactly a diptych is, it is basically a work of art made up of two matching parts.

No comments: