Sunday, March 08, 2009

Training - Week 1

Alright, here we go with my weekly training reports!! I signed up for the Danskin Triathlon in Orlando on May 10th and in Seattle on August 16th. To be perfectly candid, I didn't look too closely at the distances for the Orlando Triathlon thinking it would be similar to last year. That was a bit of a mistake on my part as the distances are longer, especially the bike portion which is now 12 miles. And then I looked at my calendar and realized between vacation (Hawaii here I come!) and my quarterly busy time at work there isn't a lot of time between now and May 10th. Now that I've looked at the distances and my calendar I have realized it is time for me to get into gear with my training which is where these weekly training entries will help me to hopefully stay on track!

After this long, wordy introduction I don't have much to report this week. I did go for a swim on Friday and I did bring my bike to the bike hospital for a check-up. It has been several years now since I got my bike and I thought it was a good idea to have it looked at to make sure everything is in good working order.

I also went for a run and once again ran for 1 mile continuously! I walked a little bit and then ran back 1 mile! It really helped that I had done it before so I knew I could do it.

Stay tuned for more updates...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's to getting started! Looking forward to hearing more as your training progresses!