Wednesday, October 05, 2011

What's Next?

I am a planner at heart.  I like plans.  I like schedules.  I like to put things on a calendar (so I can later cross them off!).  And while January and February seem like a long way off, throw in a couple of holidays, a vacation or two, and pretty hectic work schedule for at least a couple of weeks and all of a sudden it is time to plan out my training schedule for the Tinker Bell and Princess Halves.  (Or would it be more proper to say Half Marathons instead of trying to pluralize half?)

My loose training schedule looks a lot like this:

Monday - hot yoga
Tuesday - walk/run 2 to 4 miles
Wednesday - hot yoga/Pure Barre/weights/something else?
Thursday - walk/run 2 to 4 miles
Friday - rest
Saturday - hot yoga
Sunday - long walk/run

I can pretty much guarantee I won't follow this to a tee (look at me - I rhymed!) but I will try to stick close to the schedule and definitely hit the long walk/run.  Notice I threw run in there?  That's right!  I am almost back to running!!  Only 2 more months!

I have a feeling the trick will be to keep up my motivation between Tinker Bell and Princess.  Any tips out there on staying motivated?  And not letting the high of finishing a race turn into a low?

In the meantime, I need a November race and a December race.  December is easy-peasy.  I'm so doing the 12Ks of Christmas - it is easily one of my favorite races of all times.  November isn't as easy.  I'm out of town for most of the Turkey Trots.  But I think I'm going to do the Seattle Marathon 5K.

And off we go! 

2 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

12Ks of Christmas sounds so cute! Vegas is my December race, then I prepare for the 3 in WDW, so it will be my only December race.

November is still open for me. I partly think I should NOT race and just train. But there is a half that coincides perfectly with my training plan.... Decisions, decisions!

Emily said...

@FF - I still can't believe you are doing the 3 races in WDW!! I'm so impressed!!