Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter #7

The last Harry Potter book comes out this week!! I have been waiting for this since I finished Harry Potter #6. Although I am extremely excited to find out what happens, a part of me is sad to see the series come to an end. And I do have to say, I think I will be more upset if Ron or Hermione dies than if Harry dies. I love Harry, and really hope he survives, but my favorite characters are Ron & Hermione. I identified with Hermione from the beginning and Ron - well I think he became my other favorite after watching the first movie. My perfect ending would be if Harry & Ginny get married, Ron & Hermione get married (yes, even though they are probably all of 18 - after all this is pretend), and Neville ends up happy too. Maybe with Luna? And, I really want to find out about Snape - I am in the camp that thinks he is still on the side of good.

I have a habit, I won't say it's necessarily a bad habit - just a quirk of mine, of reading the end of a book first so I can find out what happens and not worry about what will happen in the end while I'm reading it. Apparently this is a family trait as my grandma did it, my mom does it, and now my brother does it. For Harry Potter #6, I was really trying not to read the end of the book first when my brother read the end of it first and had to tell me what happened. So this time he is under a gag order and I am really, really, really going to try to read the whole book through, without skipping to the end. We shall see how it goes!

No comments: