Sunday, July 01, 2007

New Car

After months and months of thinking about buying a new car I finally did it!! I am now the new owner of a 2007 Nissan Murano. I hadn't planned on actually buying the car this weekend, just test driving, but several hours in a dealership, a couple of mix-ups leading to a good deal, and .7% interest rate and I bought a car! My dad and my brother went with me, mainly because my dad is a great negotiator. We started off with a very new salesperson but soon were passed on to the senior salesperson given what I said about my dad and negotiating. The first hiccup came when they didn't have the car in the color I wanted with the options I wanted in the entire state. So we went out to look to see if there was a similar one in another color. There was one but it was fully loaded. I wasn't quite ready to go up to that level yet and the salesperson wasn't ready for me to walk out the door yet so they got the dealer car, which was in the color I wanted and not as many options. Unfortunately, the guy who had been driving it had smoked in the car and I have a pretty bad allergy to smoke and after driving it around the block I knew I couldn't buy it. They still weren't ready for me to leave so they made another deal on the one with all the options and I went for it! It has heated leather seats, a navigational system, and HID headlights (I'm not sure what those are but my brother assures me it's a good thing). It wasn't too long after I started driving home in my new car that I began to have buyer's remorse. I don't do well with change. It'll just take me a bit to get used to it! But it definitely is fun to drive.

As a P.S. The whole reason I wanted to get an SUV was to be able to more easily cart around my bike and I'm happy to say that this morning I was able to load up my bike in my new car. Of course in all my excitement over my new car I forgot to check the tire pressure on my bike and so my bike ride wasn't the greatest - but that's another story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WooHOO! I am SO proud. I can't believe I still haven't seen it in person. I've forgotten like 3 times to have you take me to see it when we've met at Redhook and stuff. Next time do NOT let me forget!