Thursday, February 18, 2010

14 Days to Go!

Only 14 days until the half marathon! I have one more long training run before a weekend off in Houston. What have I learned on these long runs? That I need to take along some sort of fuel.

Something else I have learned - I really like short distances. I am enjoying the challenge of the longer distance and it has been good to push myself, but I will happily go back to 10Ks after this! :)

My last 2 long runs have been 11 miles and I have finished in about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Which means with the time limit of 3 hours and 30 minutes, I should have around an hour to complete 2.1 miles, a bathroom break or two, and maybe even a few picture stops along the way!

Now comes the hard part - what to wear in the race? It is a princess race so I wanted to do something a little princessy. I have a tiara I can wear, I also have a baseball hat that just says princess. Somehow I think the baseball hat is going to win out. I have a couple different options - several different combinations of pink and black. I'll probably take a couple and decide on race day.

ETA: I got the 14 days from the race website, but then realized technically it is more like 16 days to race day, but 14 days to check-in day. So it's 14 or 16 days to go, depending...

No comments: