Friday, December 31, 2010

Oh Knee

So here is the latest on my knee, now that I have seen both the physical therapist and the orthopedic doctor. The good news? The physical therapist is happy with my progress! I have a few exercises that I will need to work on and I will continue to see her once a week.

The other news? It appears that I either sprained my MCL or I tore my meniscus. What does that mean? For now, I am going to continue with the physical therapy for another couple of weeks. If it is a sprained MCL, that should be enough time for it to heal. If not, then I go in for an MRI to determine if it is a torn meniscus and if it is, most likely I will need surgery. It would be a day surgery. When I first heard the potential for surgery I did freak out, but now that I have had a day or so to process, I am doing much better with it. I’m still hoping and praying for a sprained MCL though! :)

Let's end with some more good news!  I know have permission to walk, ride a stationary bike, swim, and do yoga (as long as it doesn't involve deep knee bends).  This will go a long way in making me feel more normal.

It is definitely a process, but it's a process that I feel is finally starting to move in the right direction. 

Note to self:  next time you come across a hiking trail that is closed, turn around, even if you are in Italy! :)

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh no! Hope that whatever the diagnosis is, that the recovery is quick. Happy 2011!

Fruit Fly said...

Hm, well at least you are moving forward to being all fixed! I guess it is best you changed your mind on the Princess. That could have been a painful experience for you!