Just as I was proving to myself I could do a triathlon (albeit at a slower pace) I am now proving to myself I can do a half marathon.
Without further adieu, my top few songs that will be powering me through tomorrow:
- Never Say Never by Justin Bieber (I will never say never, I will fight til forever…whenever you knock me down, I will not stay on the ground – self explanatory, this knee injury will not keep me on the ground)
- Breakthrough by Lemonade Mouth (sometimes its proving to the world it was wrong…don’t stop till you break it on through – cheesy Disney song? Check! But seriously, I’m ready for a breakthrough! I’m going to break it on through to the finish line!)
- Get Back Up by tobyMac (it’s never too late to get back up again, you may be knocked down, but not out forever – that’s right, I CAN and WILL get back up again)
- Kiss it Goodbye by Hannah Montana (kiss it goodbye, if fear is holding you back - another Disney song? You know it! But I'm definitely kissing the fear goodbye.)
- All I Need (feat. Kevin Rudolph) by Natasha Bedingfield (that’s why all I need is what I’ve got – sometimes it is focusing on what you have, rather than what you don’t – plus this song rocks my socks!)
- One Shining Moment by David Barrett (one shining moment, you reached deep inside...it's more than a contest, it's more than a race - I get goosebumps every time I hear this song. It's my favorite part of March Madness. Every year I wait for all the commercials and watch the winning team cut down the nets just to listen to this song.)
- Our God by Crossroads (And if our God is for us, then what can stop us, and if our God is with us, then what can stand against – there is someone on my side, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me)
- Just Dance by Lady Gaga (no real reason this on here except sometimes you gotta just dance and this song always puts a smile on my face)
And with that, I'd better go make sure my iPod (and Garmin) are all charged and ready to go for tomorrow!!