Sunday, January 01, 2012

HIgh School Musical Run #1.8

Happy New Year!!  After a very wild night of church and coming home to eat cheese and crackers and watching TV, I woke up ready to take on 10 miles.  I may have mentioned this before but 10 miles is my milestone.  I feel so much better once I have hit 10 miles because after that all that is left is a 5K.  5K?  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! 

I got out of my car and felt the wind immediately so I grabbed my hat and gloves and was off.  Song #1 shuffled on my iPod?  A High School Musical song.  Same with #2 and #3.  For a second there I thought I might have just hit play and we were going in alaphbetical order.  But then All Saints and Spice Girls were songs #4 and #5 so it was just a coincidence.  I think there ended up being several more High School Musical songs throughout the run.

I'm now at about a little over a minute of running at a time.  Towards the end I definitely started feeling it in my knee, so we'll be sticking with the one minute running interval for now.

I finished up my 10 miles in a little over 2 hours, which means I'm averaging around 13 minute miles.  Not bad, not bad.  Definitely giving me some picture and wiggle time to come in under the 3 hour and 30 minute cut off.

And I finished in time to make it to hot yoga! 

So it might have crossed my mind that a Tinker Bell 10-miler would be way more fun!  Ha!  That's just the fear talking.  This half is going to be mine.

No comments: