Monday, January 02, 2012

Red Lentil Soup

Happy January 2nd!!  Or should I say Happy 1-2-12.  Ha!  I crack myself up.  How did I start off the day?  With a visit to the dentist.  Ugh.  What was I thinking scheduling an 8 a.m. appointment on a holiday?  And I got some great news at the dentist - I get to go again tomorrow at 7 a.m. to get my chipped tooth fixed.  Double ugh.  But at least it will be fixed.

I really enjoyed the Butternut Squash soup I made last Monday, so I decided to take another recipe out of my Whole Living magazine.  And by happy coincidence, this recipe involved a turnip which means I can cross off #12 from my 34 Things list.  It's also part of my continuing quest to try and like vegetables more.

I wasn't sure how exactly to chop up a turnip, or if I would really like turnips.  But I figured it out and I did enjoy this soup.  And what better on a cold day than a hot bowl of soup?

And now back to the bowl games with my bowl of soup! :)  I really do crack myself up! :)




1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

You crazy girl! You were supposed to use yesterday to SLEEP IN!!