Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Ready or Not!

Woohoo!! Tomorrow morning I will be boarding a plane for WDW!! And on Sunday I will be running 13.1 miles. Or you know - running interspersed with walking. Which is a different definition for me than it has been previously – walking interspersed with running.

So let’s see what is on the packing list:

  • iPod (complete with half marathon playlist)? Check
  • Icy Hot? Check
  • Epsom salt? Check
  • Running shoes? Check
  • Race belt? Check
  • Various running outfits? Check
  • Compression socks (for after the race)? Check
  • Bathing suit (to soak in the pool after the race)? Check
  • Tylenol (for before the race)? Check
  • Ibuprofen (for after the race)? Check

I think I’m ready! Or at least prepared! :) I'm still not exactly sure what I'll be wearing race day. I might be all in black. So much for the pink...

And FYI, while iPods are discouraged, they are not prohibited. So I am not breaking the rules by bringing my iPod, because after all I am a rule follower if nothing else.

My goals for this race? In order of how likely they are to occur:

  1. To finish!!
  2. To finish in under 3 hours and 30 minutes
  3. To finish in under 3 hours (this would be absolutely amazing!! And would probably mean no bathroom or picture stops.)

Oh, and a final tally on Operation 5 to 10? I’m down about 4.5 lbs, which isn't bad and hopefully will translate into a few seconds off my normal pace!

No comments: