So let’s see what is on the packing list:
- iPod (complete with half marathon playlist)? Check
- Icy Hot? Check
- Epsom salt? Check
- Running shoes? Check
- Race belt? Check
- Various running outfits? Check
- Compression socks (for after the race)? Check
- Bathing suit (to soak in the pool after the race)? Check
- Tylenol (for before the race)? Check
- Ibuprofen (for after the race)? Check
I think I’m ready! Or at least prepared! :) I'm still not exactly sure what I'll be wearing race day. I might be all in black. So much for the pink...
And FYI, while iPods are discouraged, they are not prohibited. So I am not breaking the rules by bringing my iPod, because after all I am a rule follower if nothing else.
My goals for this race? In order of how likely they are to occur:
- To finish!!
- To finish in under 3 hours and 30 minutes
- To finish in under 3 hours (this would be absolutely amazing!! And would probably mean no bathroom or picture stops.)
Oh, and a final tally on Operation 5 to 10? I’m down about 4.5 lbs, which isn't bad and hopefully will translate into a few seconds off my normal pace!