Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday

4:54am Wake up. I could fall back asleep. I lay in bed willing myself to go back to sleep until my alarm goes off.

5:33am Give up trying to fall back asleep and as my alarm will be going off in about 15 minutes anyway decide to just get up.

6:27am Check my blackberry. There is a message from Germany. My company is owned by a German company. Receiving a message from the Germans is not always bad, I tell myself. But this one is marked URGENT. I scroll through the message. It is not bad, per se, it sounds as if there is some miscommunication. I'm not sure if it is on our side or theirs.

6:32am Leave for work.

6:44am Stop by Jamba Juice. Friday mornings I usually treat myself to a Mango Mantra with fiber and matcha. I've realized that I can be really high maintenance when I order my food. Add this, substitute that, remove this.

6:56am Arrive at work. Realize I should probably take the stairs. One, two, three… I always seem to count the stairs.

6:58am Get to my desk. My computer is still on from yesterday as I left it on so a program could finish installing over night. Forward on the email from Germany to seek clarification. Answer a couple other emails.

8:50am Receive validation on how to respond to the email from Germany. Validation is very important to me. In fact, it's become a joke that I need validation. And then last year we took a personality profile at work and it said in my profile "seeks validation" so I was validated in my needing validation! :)

9:00am Meeting to go over a project I just cannot get my head around.

10:00am Meeting is over and I’m back at my desk. Work, work, work.

11:23am What's for lunch? This is probably one of the big decisions we make on a daily basis. There is not a lot around our office so it is a matter of figuring out where, who will pick up, etc. Jessica is going to Red Robin for lunch and so we "volunteer" her to pick us up lunch when she is there. She imagines she'll be done with lunch around 12:30 - 12:45 so I will call in the order and she will pick it up! Whew, that is solved. Of course this would be a non-issue if I could get my act together and bring my lunch to work but who are we kidding? It's another high maintenance order as I substitute a side salad for the french fries.

12:50pm Jessica is back with lunch! Yay! I am starving.

1:28pm Vickie comes back to my desk with a part of the answer on the project I'm having problems with. It's not completely solved, but it is closer.

6:23pm Shut down computer and start to leave work.

7:03pm Actually leave work. As I was leaving I started talking with my boss and we started planning for next week.

7:08pm Was having a hard time convincing myself to stop by the gym when I was leaving at 6:30, now that it's 7 really don't want to but I didn't go yesterday or the day before so decide to stop, even if it is just for 30 minutes. Do 30 minutes on the elliptical. My ipod shuffle was in the J's (Jonas Brothers) and ended in the L's (Lenny Kravitz). Do a couple of sets with the free weights.

7:51pm Leave the gym.

8:06pm Arrive at home. Post Thursday's What I Did All Day. Do a little internet surfing and catch up on several blogs I like to read.

9:12pm Post Friday's What I Did All Day and then head for bed.

No comments: