Sunday, February 20, 2011

On the Trail Again

Oh I just can't wait to get back to the trail again!  But first, let's do a weekend wrap!  Although the weekend isn't quite over since tomorrow is a holiday!  Yay!

If I haven't mentioned it by now, I am a creature of habit.  And what I mean by that is a massive creature of habit.  I like to park in the same parking spot, or at least in the same general area.  I have favorite parking spots at work, at Target, at the mall, or pretty much anywhere I go regularly.  I usually order the same dish at restaurants.  And I usually get the same smoothie (I probably stop for a smoothie for breakfast maybe once a week).  There are two smoothie places that know my order.  Which is usually good, because again I am a creature of habit.  But what if I wanted to mix it up?  It is way easier to just let them make my usual than say I want to try something different.  Anyway, Friday started off with my normal smoothie.

Friday evening Jessica, Nilufer & I went to a comedy show.  I'm usually a little leery of comedy shows, and the first two acts confirmed my leeriness.  Is leeriness a word?  If not, it is now! :)  But the headliner was actually really good!  I laughed and laughed.  Pretty good way to start the weekend!

My weekend of fun continued with a dinner Saturday night at John Howie Steak with Jessica & Nilufer followed by a movie (The Eagle - not great, but I liked it) and then dessert.

And here we are at Sunday.  After church I went back to the trail!  First time since pre-knee injury!  And I learned a few things:
  • I felt like a fraud at first, dressed as a runner but only walking.  But I got over it rather quickly.
  • I really missed the trail!  I was glad to be back.
  • It was cold (but sunny!!) but I survived without a jacket!  I had quite a debate with myself whether or not to bring a jacket but in the end I was glad I didn't.
  • My knee did pretty good - there was a slight nagging pain (which I've sort of gotten used to) but it held up well.
  • I really wanted to run, but thought it might be too soon.  If I've learned anything, it has been to listen to my body and take it slow and easy.
  • A High School Musical song will still put me in a fantastic mood and help me pick up the pace!!  Go Wildcats!
  • I felt so good after it I signed up for the inaugural See Jane Run Seattle 5K!  Probably won't be running the whole thing by then, but as it isn't until July you never know.  Besides, a race with chocolate and champagne?  Heck yes!!
And that's that.  For now anyway.  I'm hoping for a very relaxing, low-key, chill Monday.  Happy Weekend!!

No comments: