If I haven't mentioned it by now, I am a creature of habit. And what I mean by that is a massive creature of habit. I like to park in the same parking spot, or at least in the same general area. I have favorite parking spots at work, at Target, at the mall, or pretty much anywhere I go regularly. I usually order the same dish at restaurants. And I usually get the same smoothie (I probably stop for a smoothie for breakfast maybe once a week). There are two smoothie places that know my order. Which is usually good, because again I am a creature of habit. But what if I wanted to mix it up? It is way easier to just let them make my usual than say I want to try something different. Anyway, Friday started off with my normal smoothie.
Friday evening Jessica, Nilufer & I went to a comedy show. I'm usually a little leery of comedy shows, and the first two acts confirmed my leeriness. Is leeriness a word? If not, it is now! :) But the headliner was actually really good! I laughed and laughed. Pretty good way to start the weekend!
My weekend of fun continued with a dinner Saturday night at John Howie Steak with Jessica & Nilufer followed by a movie (The Eagle - not great, but I liked it) and then dessert.
And here we are at Sunday. After church I went back to the trail! First time since pre-knee injury! And I learned a few things:
- I felt like a fraud at first, dressed as a runner but only walking. But I got over it rather quickly.
- I really missed the trail! I was glad to be back.
- It was cold (but sunny!!) but I survived without a jacket! I had quite a debate with myself whether or not to bring a jacket but in the end I was glad I didn't.
- My knee did pretty good - there was a slight nagging pain (which I've sort of gotten used to) but it held up well.
- I really wanted to run, but thought it might be too soon. If I've learned anything, it has been to listen to my body and take it slow and easy.
- A High School Musical song will still put me in a fantastic mood and help me pick up the pace!! Go Wildcats!
- I felt so good after it I signed up for the inaugural See Jane Run Seattle 5K! Probably won't be running the whole thing by then, but as it isn't until July you never know. Besides, a race with chocolate and champagne? Heck yes!!