Tuesday, March 15, 2011

33 Things: Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

So yeah, I'm back from Hawaii.  It got a little exciting there at the end what with the tsunami and all.  I'm currently suffering from jet lag exacerbated by daylight savings.  Ugh.  So for now pictures & a trip report will have to wait.  Instead how about a book or two?

My original intention for No. 7 on my 33 Things list was for "real books" and I did bring "real books" to Hawaii, but instead I defaulted to fluff books.  After all, the beach is made for fluff books!  And since it is my list I'll count my fluff books!


Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (by Jane Austen & Ben H. Winters) is just what it sounds like.  Sense and Sensibility with a few sea monsters thrown in for fun.  A familiar story of Elinor & Edward, Marianne & Colonel Brandon plus octopus, sharks, and rampaging lobsters.  While not as good as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, it was still cute.  Plus it had a narwhal!!  

No comments: