Tuesday, March 01, 2011

ABC's of Me

So as usual I'm late to the ABC party, but thought I would join in anyway.  Especially since I am procrastinating and really should be packing for Hawaii.  Even though I love to travel, I hate to pack.  I really hate to pack for "hot weather" vacations since you seem to need so much more clothes.  Why is that?  Anyway, without further adieu the ABC's of me!

A. Age: 33 - gasp!  When did that happen?  And I'm only 2 months away from 34.  Time to start dusting off the 34 Things list...

B. Bed size: Twin.  Long story and hopefully soon I will upgrade.

C. Chore you hate: So many chores to choose from.  I think anything to do with the bathroom I absolutely loathe.

D. Dogs: Eh, they are fine, much better than cats!  I love my parents' dog (Chloe, any dog pics on the blog are usually of her), and I don't mind my sister's dogs.  Or some of my friends' dogs.  But overall, I'm just not an animal person.

E. Essential start to your day: Breakfast of some sort.  I really can't skip breakfast.  And lately I've been trying to be good about taking my vitamins first thing.

F. Favorite color: It was blue for the longest time but then it became green.  I rebelled against pink when I was younger but now I have embraced pink.

G. Gold or silver: Silver

H. Height: 5’8” - I have finally accepted it.  I desperately wanted to be 5'9" but it just wasn't in the cards.

I. Instruments you play: I used to play flute once upon a time.

J. Job title: What do I want it to be?  Princess of the WORLD!  Ha, just kidding.  Tax Manager or something like that.  I feel uncomfortable with my title, but that's a post for another time.

K. Kids: Hmm, I would have answered this one definitely yes but as I am nearing 34 I'm starting to wonder if it is in the cards for me.  I have fantastic "nieces and nephews" and I've always thought about adopting.  So we'll see - you never know what God's plan is - although I'd really like to know!

L. Live: About 20 minutes from downtown Seattle

M. Mom’s name: Mum, Mummy, Mommy, Mom or Teresa

N. Nicknames: Em, Emmy, Yemmy - I don't really have a proper nickname.

O. Overnight hospital stays: Fourth grade for dehydration among other things

P. Pet peeve: Another one I can list several things but talking on your phone in the bathroom just gets me every time.  Or starting to write a check after the clerk gives you your total - I mean really?  Is the date changing or the store's name?  Or your name for that matter?

Q. Quote from a movie: From Anne of Green Gables:  "Twenty pounds of brown sugar" or "Anne Shirley, what in heck are you doing out here?  Fishing for lake trout."  From Pride & Prejudice: "Mr. Darcy!"  From The Rock: "Welcome to the Rock" or "How did you get out of your cell?"  From Indiana Jones: "If you are a Scottish Lord, I am Mickey Mouse!"  I like this game - I could go on and on! 

R. Right or left handed: Right.  And do I know my right from my left?  No.  I have to write in the air to figure out my right and make an L with my fingers to figure out my left.

S. Siblings:  1 Sister, 1 Brother (both younger)

T. Time you wake up:  I'd like to wake up at 6:15 on weekdays, but lately it has slipped to 6:30

U. Underwear: Hanes

V. Vegetables you dislike: Brussel Sprouts, Green Beans (I was never so happy when I figured out I was allergic to green beans)

W. What makes you run late:  I hate being late.  Traffic.  Random odds and ends that I think I have time for but I don't.

X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, ankle, leg, knee

Y. Yummy food you make: I'm not a cook, although I can make a decent fajita/stir-fry concoction

Z. Zoo- favorite animal: Tigers, Bears & Elephants

Play along, if you'd like!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

+1 on needing to make the L to know what direction things are. Glad I'm not the only one!

Fruit Fly said...

During marching band (flute player here!!) I would hold my left hand in the L position so when we did drills I'd know which way was left!