Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Senses Friday

The donations keep pouring in for Rachel's Birthday Wish.  I am in awe at the overwhelming support for such a beautiful little girl whose life was cut so tragically short.  I have been so touched by this story and I can't help myself - I keep checking her page.  Part of what has drawn me in is how many people have been inspired by Rachel - it isn't a few large donations, but so many people, who like me, have been encouraged by her story.  In addition to her mycharity: water page, you can also donate to help her family with her medical bills here.


Smelling
  • Cinnamon and nutmeg, or in other words, pumpkin pie!  Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?  A few months ago, I shared with you about making Black Bean & Pumpkin burgers.  I've made them a few times since.  But this last time I accidentally bought pumpkin pie mix, rather than pumpkin.  Oops!!  So my burgers not only smell like pumpkin pie, they kinda taste like it too.  It actually wasn't too bad of a mistake.  Not that I would do it again.  Note to self - you should probably read the label of the can you are buying.

Tasting
  • Ice cream sammich!!  It was ice cream treat day at work earlier this week!!  Yahoo!!

Seeing
  • This was a tie between gorgeous views of Mt. Rainier and a swarm of bugs right before I biked into them.  Fortunately I saw the bugs in time to shut my mouth! :)

Hearing
  • I had something good for this but I forgot.  So we'll go with an old school S Club 7 song shuffling through my iPod.

Feeling
  • The SUN!!!  Summer was here briefly (followed by rain) and may make a return again.  And the after-effects of the sun, namely a sunburn.  Yikes!!  Forgot to wear a hat on my long walk.

No comments: