Monday, October 04, 2010

Cleanse, Orange You Glad Day 1 is Over?

Oh, cleanse. How I have not missed you. Nope, not in the least. I was definitely more prepared this time and I made it through Day 1 relatively unscathed.  Hello quinoa & avocados. A little more filling that just plain old fruit & veggies. A little more exciting too. Thank you sugar free gum, which I have been chewing just about non-stop. The chocolates sitting out didn’t even phase me. Well.........there might have been a moment or two (or five) where I was seriously tempted. I even survived the day without coffee. I like to think I can do just fine without coffee, but the reality is I am *slightly* addicted.  And maybe a bit more than *slightly*.

Our grocery cart was very interesting with the array of fruits & veggies, lemon juice, pure maple syrup and distilled water.  The cashier remarked we must have been on a mission to which we responded we were trying a new health kick.  Hopefully the contents of our cart weren't the weirdest she had ever seen.

My Day 1 pills have been taken, fruits & veggies eaten, and now it is time to head for home and my bed where I can dream of food.  Only 6 more days to go!

No comments: