Am I the only one super excited for Kona on Saturday?! I am in awe of the Ironman athletes. While I would one day love to do a half Ironman, I am pretty realistic about the fact I will never, ever, ever in a million years do a full. (Exaggerate much? Yes, yes I do.) A full would require a marathon and I have also sworn to never do a marathon (the guy died when he reached Marathon after all!). I will be checking in on the progress of the race throughout the day.
I'm still aiming to make my goal of running 12 5K's, or one 5K a month. I was really hoping to do the Dawg Dash in October but I'll be out of town. Darn. But I think I now have a few viable 5K options for October. November has been harder because I'll be out of town for most of the Turkey Trots. I'm still looking though.
All these 5Ks have me thinking - one of these days I am going to run a 5K sans iPod. You know what? I think I'm going to have to put that on my 34 Things list! But until then, when my feet hit the pavement (or treadmill as the case may be) I will be accompanied by my iPod. But what tunes have been motivating me through these 5Ks? I think it’s time for a list!
- All that Matters (Addison Road)
- What About Us? (Brandy)
- Sexy! No No No... (Girls Aloud)
- Let it Rock (Kevin Rudolph)
- Speed of Light (Corbin Bleu)
- Burnin’ Up (Jonas Brothers)
- Naturally (Selena Gomez & the Scene)
- Evacuate the Dancefloor (Cascada)
- Scream (Zac Efron / “Troy”)
- I am Free (Newsboys)
- Just Dance (Lady Gaga)
- Something Kinda Ooooh (Girls Aloud)
- Devastated (Ballas Hough Band)
- Party in the USA (Miley Cyrus)
- A Little Less Conversation (Elvis Presley)