Thursday, November 18, 2010

Procrastination

At what point did I become such a packing procrastinator?  I'm someone who is generally in bed at a decent (some, actually most, would say early) hour.  Yet, night before a trip I am up packing and re-packing, sometimes into the wee hours of the morning.  Case in point would be tonight (or technically last night since it is now after midnight).  I didn't make a list for this trip (note to self - next time make a list).  I mean I have my generic in my head list, but it doesn't always translate to well into my suitcase.  Did I over pack?  Oh, you betcha!  Question is, did I over pack the right stuff?  Guess I'll find out!  But my suitcase & carry-on are finally zipped up and I'm about to call it a night.  After I look through my suitcase one last time.  Toiletries?  Check.  Underwear?  Check.  Pajamas?  Check.  Clothes?  Check.  Books?  Check.  Guidebook?  Check.  Camera?  Check.  Yup, I bought a new camera (still point and shoot, but with a bigger zoom - still hoping to get a DSLR one of these days but it was not meant to be for this trip).  Passport?  Check.  Okay, I think I'm good.  Eh, and if I'm missing something it just means a chance to go shopping!  Right?

See you in a week or so.  And in the meantime - Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

Have a happy trip! Glad you remembered to pack your underwear!

And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!