Sunday, November 14, 2010

Snoqualmie Ridge Turkey Trot 5K

In my what now seems to be a never ending quest to run in a 5K every month, I woke up on the early side Saturday morning and drove out to Snoqualmie for the Snoqualmie Ridge Turkey Trot 5K.  The start line was right outside an elementary school and so we were able to wait inside until the race started!  Yay!  Especially since it was cold outside and it meant we could use real bathrooms!! 

I love the start of a race - the excitement is so contagious!  And this start line was in the shadow of what I think was Mt. Si.  It was a beautiful view!  I started off too fast, which I'm blaming on the fact that we started off going downhill! :)  Right after the downhill?  Yes, you guessed it - an uphill!  There were several uphills and downhills throughout the course, but not very dramatic hills.  Except when you add in that I've run - oh, about zero hills in the last month or so.  Apparently I need to work on hills!  I walked more than I wanted to on this course but sometimes that happens.  And I'm just that much closer to running 12 5Ks! 

No comments: