Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life

I was just talking about this wish the other day.  When I look back over my years so far, this is the one thing that really stands out that I wish I had done.  I wish that after my first company went kaput that I had taken time off to travel.  I really thought about it, I did.  Taking six months to a year to go hither and yon before trying to find a new job.  I even went so far as to price out one of the "around the world" airline tickets.  But security won out in the end.  This had been my first job and I worried that I would have trouble finding another job.  And I was worried how a gap would look on my resume.  So I looked for a new job and when the right opportunity came, I left my first job and went directly to my second job.  It’s probably my biggest what if thought.  What if I had taken that time to explore the world?  I still think about it and my dream is to someday take a leave of absence and buy that around the world ticket.  One of these days....

From In the Violet Hour's 30 Days of Truth.

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

That's a good what if! I'd love to be able to just take off and travel. But alas, like you, security would sin in the end for me.