Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Afternoon Interlude

I was about name this post Wednesday Afternoon Interlude - in fact as I composed it in my head, it was Wednesday.  And then I realized that no, it isn't Wednesday, it is Tuesday.  Tuesday doesn't have quite the same ring, but it's all I got at the moment.

I have probably mentioned before that I am an accountant.  That's right, I am a numbers girl.  And with this profession comes long hours at certain times of the year.  This being one of them.  I went into work today expecting a somewhat long day to finish up my part.  But guess what?  There's a delay!!  Which meant I could leave work at a normal time.  Fortunately I had some gym clothes with me so I walked across the street to the work gym.  I was changing when it hit me.  It was still light out and would be for awhile.  I didn't have to go to the gym, I could go to the park.  But I was already at the gym.  Treadmill?  Park?  Treadmill?  Park?  Park, duh!  It was a little on the chilly side and it would have been nice to have a different shirt, but I was at the park on a weekday and the sun was shining (even if it wasn't too warm out).

So back across the street I went and hopped in my car and drove to one of my more "hilly" parks.  Well, it is one long uphill followed by one long downhill followed by what seems like a long flat until you turn around and realize it was actually a long sloping downhill which was now an uphill.  My knee felt okay for the most part.  I walked 1 song, ran 1 song and continued that pattern.  I'm really trying to listen to my knee as I make my long comeback!
 

No comments: