Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pure Barre

All I can say after this class is boy, have I been slacking on the strength training!  Awhile back there was one of those deal thingys for Pure Barre and a few of us at work decided to buy the coupon.  According to Pure Barre's website it is a workout that is designed to "lift your seat, tone your thighs and burn fat". And tonight was the night to try out my first class. One of my co-workers went with me, so I wouldn't have to go by myself the first time. Thanks Julia!!

I got there early and parked in the wrong parking garage (oops!! this will come in to play later). I filled out the paperwork and bought my socks with grippies on the bottom and met up with Julia. The class before mine let out and we walked into the room. Julia showed me what equipment to grab (weights, resistance bands and a small ball). We grabbed a spot in the back and waited for the class to begin.

It was intense! But good! Lots of little movements, isolating certain areas (arms, thighs, seat, etc).  It incorporates a ballet bar, plus the weights, etc., along with some pilates.  And I'm pretty sure I will be sore tomorrow.  Hard to say what area of my body will be the most sore tomorrow.  I will definitely be back to use up the rest of my classes!

Class ended and I headed back to my car. But wait! Remember I parked in the wrong garage? The building my car was parked in was locked. I walked around the entire building trying to find a way in but no such luck. Hm, what to do? Besides panic, that is. There was a number on the building for security so I called it and explained my situation. They sent someone over to let me in. Thank goodness!! I got in my car and drove home.

At the beginning of class all I could think about was how out of shape I felt.  Even as I was thinking those thoughts I knew they weren't helpful.  And then I really couldn't think much of anything as I was concentrating so much on doing the right movement!  But by the end of class I felt like I had at least taken a step in the right direction.

No comments: