Wednesday, December 21, 2011

34 Things: The Hunger Games



Similar to the Twilight books, I had somewhat resisted reading The Hunger Games.  But I kept hearing more and more people singing the praises of the books so I borrowed the first book from Jessica with the intention of reading on the plane to Houston.  That didn't happen.  I arrived in Houston and went to see Breaking Dawn with Michelle and Khrissy and guess what preview was played?  You guessed it!  The Hunger Games!  It piqued my interest.  And so I read it on my way home from Houston.  I really enjoyed it!!  (I'm so Team Peeta, in case you were wondering.)  I quickly borrowed books 2 and 3 from Jessica and read Catching Fire on my way to Vegas and most of Mockingjay on my way home from Vegas.

Part of the reason I was initially resisting reading this series was I thought it would be too much like Lord of the Flies, which I was not a fan of at all.  But Katniss drew me into her world and I eagerly started the second book and then the third becoming attached to the characters.  (Let me just say there is a huge benefit to waiting to start a series until all the books are out.  No waiting to read the next book!!) 

And now I can't wait to watch the movie!!

(I did briefly think about counting these as three different books, but they'll only count as one book for purposes of my 34 Things list.)

No comments: