Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cleanse, Day 1

Jessica somehow convinced me to join her in a cleanse (not sure what moment of weakness led to this...I believe it has something to do with the scale creeping north, rather than south).  It seemed so far into the future that I was able to put it out of my mind - yes I'm doing a cleanse, but not for awhile.  And Jessica had the box of herbal supplements so it wasn't staring me in the face reminding me.  And yet the days kept moving until today - Day 1.  Dun, dun, dun.

The benefits of a cleanse?  I'm not seeing any right now as my stomach is grumbly and all I can eat today are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.  But according to the literature, the benefits will be an increase in energy (yay!  more energy is a great thing!), digestive tract can rid itself of accumulated waste (sounds messy, but probably another good thing), dependency on things such as refined sugar are greatly reduced (wow!  that would be amazing considering my sweet tooth, but again a good thing), and bad eating habits are broken (and yet another good thing).  So here I am.  

A brief outline of my eating habits for the next few days:

Day 1 - Fruits, veggies & whole grains
Day 2 - Fruits, veggies & whole grains
Day 3 - Detox mixture (water, maple syrup, & lemon juice) 
Day 4 - Detox mixture (water, maple syrup, & lemon juice)
Day 5 - Detox mixture (water, maple syrup, & lemon juice)
Day 6 - Fruits & veggies
Day 7 - Fruits, veggies & whole grains

So far today I have eaten my normal fruit smoothie for breakfast (although it includes milk - shh, don't tell Jessica), 2 bananas, 4 oranges, 4 strawberries, a plateful of carrots, and a bowlful of raspberries & blueberries.  Let me tell you I would have killed for some Cool Whip to go on my raspberries & blueberries.  But Day 1 is mercifully coming to an end.
 
Stay turned for Day 2. 
 
Oh and did you see the USA today???   Holy Cow I didn't think we were going to pull it out!!!!!  I was having a dilemma of who to watch in the morning - USA or England - I watched England score & then flipped to the USA and watched/listened until we scored.  Best outcome for me!!!  And I'm proud to say I now know an equal number of USA & England players (when the World Cup started I could name way more England players than USA - sad, I know).
 
And in celebration of the World Cup - a picture of a few members of the German World Cup team from 2006.  I was in Germany at the time and ran across the players doing a photo shoot outside of Cologne Cathedral!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice


http://travel4hn.blogspot.com/

Mandi said...

Wow, good luck with the cleanse. I've never been able to pull one of those off, so I'm interested to hear about how it goes for you...

And double-Wow -- what a game yesterday! I watched it with a big group of Americans here, and the suspense nearly killed me! So glad they pulled it off.