Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Post Cleanse

Okay, so I lied!  One more cleanse post - I must have gotten in the habit. 

So today was the first official day off the cleanse and I think it was the hardest day yet.  Now that I don't have a plan to follow, can I continue to eat healthy without the structure? 

The morning started off fine with an all fruit smoothie from Jamba Juice.  Strawberries, grapes, & apples for mid morning snack.  Still not doing too bad.  And then lunch time rolled around.  Crunch!  Someone snacking on a chip.  Mm, chips.  I'm usually not a chip person, but right then they sounded so good!  Crunch!  Time to go to the grocery store to pick up more grapes, avocado, and yogurt!  Yes, we can eat dairy now!  Oh but all the sights and smells of the grocery store.  But we stuck with quinoa for lunch.  And then came afternoon snack time and the smell of popcorn wafting through the office.  Carrots, I like carrots.  And grapes.  Not popcorn, grapes.  So yeah, it was a tough day, but I made it through.  I don't know about all this healthy living stuff! :)  I know I'll slip up all over the place, but for now I'm trying to respect the fact I have "cleansed" my body and keep it somewhat clean for awhile longer.

So jumping topics, there are a lot of things I don't like about the new building we moved into, but number 1 on my list (at the moment) is the parking!  There is not enough parking and the spots are super tiny.  Normally I am someone who parks, if not in the same spot, in the same general vicinity every morning and now I can't do that.  Grr!!  And forget leaving during the day - most likely you will come back to no spots and have to park at another building (this is from personal experience).  Ah, change.  They say it is good for you...

No comments: