Monday, June 28, 2010

Cleanse, Day 6

Okay, there is light at the end of the tunnel!  After tomorrow daily updates on the cleanse will cease as I will have successfully made it through!  Today it was back to fruits & veggies and it was a lot harder than the liquid days.  I think in part because it takes thought about what to eat and work to wash and cut up the fruits and veggies!

  • Breakfast - back to my smoothie (no milk this time), just a banana, frozen strawberries, blueberries, and water and blended together
  • Lunch - carrots, nectarine, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and an apple (are we sure cool whip isn't a fruit or vegetable?  I love blueberries, strawberries & cool whip - it is my favorite 4th of July dish!!  Good thing cool whip will be allowed by the 4th.)
  • Dinner - quinoa (a day early, so slightly cheating, but still not bad), avocado, and pico de gallo
We didn't have much of the quinoa, to test out how our tummies would handle food after 3 days of liquid.  So far, so good.  Nilufer decided to join the cleanse late, so she is on Day 1 of fruits & veggies.  I think she hates us right about now. 

Oh, and I'm playing around with a few new colors, backgrounds, etc.  So bear with me as I experiment!

No comments: