Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cleanse, Day 2

Dear Cleanse,
I think I hate your guts!
Love, Emily

Okay, you might infer from my note above that the cleanse is not going so well and you would be right.  While the hunger is somewhat manageable, the headache is not.  And per the literature this is normal, and we are advised to not use any over the counter pills to aid the headache, but instead let the body detoxify.  We'll see.  I may have to break down and cheat with some ibuprofen (not shocking - I've already cheated a few times today). 

Today was better food-wise.  We had a meeting at work today and I had a little bit of the salad (with a tinge of dressing) because sometimes it is easier to eat with the group, rather than answer the questions of why aren't you eating.  And then came the end of the meeting and cupcakes.  Cupcakes are pretty much my personal kryptonite.  Actually there are several things - m&ms, gelato, cupcakes.  Sensing a sugar theme?  Why yes, I do heart sugar!!  Oh and bread.  I heart bread too.  Walking by a bakery is heaven.  Especially walking by a bakery somewhere in Europe.  I wish I was in Paris, walking by a bakery.  Doesn't that sound nice?  I'm thinking another side effect of the cleanse is daydreaming - especially about food.  You know what else sounds good?  Mickey ice cream!!  Ooh, I wish I was in Paris, walking by a bakery, on my way to take the train to Paris Disney to see Mickey & eat ice cream!

So where were we?  Oh yes, end of the meeting and cupcakes.  And I'm sure not a huge surprise - I cheated and had a baby cupcake.  Jessica was strong and did not cheat.  We also had quinoa later to throw some whole grains into the mix.  Quinoa, avocado & pico de gallo (which is also probably cheating a bit).  Oh and yummy fruit salad that Jessica made. 

No wonder today was better food-wise!  I cheated all over the place. 

Yum, tomorrow on to the lemon juice mixture.  Oh joy of joys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?! You cheated all over the place?

At least you didn't start out your blog with Dear Jessica, I hate your guts....although I know you were thinking it! ;-)