Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cleanse, Day 7

I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could!  The cleanse is officially over, and I made it.  Today was very similar to yesterday - except with a little more quinoa!  And pineapples.  I love pineapples.  I did a lot of searching for quinoa recipes to try after, so now that it is basically after, I am going to get to cooking.

Fruits & veggie days are a lot harder than liquid days.  I was running around all morning and didn't get to lunch until later.  As I was walking towards the lunchroom, someone walked out with a slice of pizza.  PIZZA!!!  You know what sounds good?  Margherita pizza in a cafe in Roma, sipping on Chianti, with a stop afterwards for gelato!  I am drooling as I write this, imagining the taste and the smell. 

Do I feel better?  Eh, debatable.  Have I stopped craving things?  Not hardly (as evidenced by my daydream above).  And it has been a week since I have had coffee - we'll see how long I go, but I don't think that is a habit I have kicked.  Will I think about food differently?  Hopefully!  Would I do this again?  They recommend you do it 4 times a year, and while I don't think I'll do it that often, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be, so yes, I may do this again.

No comments: